Saturday, December 13, 2008

To shave or not to shave...

A while back I was invited to a friend's house and was told to bring my swimsuit since they had a hot tub cuz we were definitely going to be using it. I'm thinking "Well, if I'm going to wear a swimsuit, I better clean things up down south before I go." So, I took a shower to get ready to go and, even though I never do this because it always results in razor bumps, I exfoliated a bunch and got a fresh razor and my shaving cream and shaved the bikini area. So far so good.

Then, I decide, well, while I'm at it I might as well trim the lawn a little bit and just clean things up for my own sake to my aesthetic standards. I grabbed my shower scissors, which are used for just such a thing, and took a big snip. Uh oh! I know what you're thinking...you're thinking right about now there was probably a stream of blood heading to my feet, but you're wrong. Hehe. Much better in fact.

I cut a bald spot in the center of my previous masterpiece I was trying to sculpt. Dammit! So, now I was going for damage control and decided I better keep trimming to try and even it out. And I kept trimming, and trimming, and trimming...you get the idea. Bald spot was still very apparent. Shit! Then I grabbed the razor thinking if I thin it out a little more it will eventually even out...and pretty soon I am saying to myself "You might as well just shave the whole damn thing at this point, because that bald spot just is not going away, you dumbass!"

So there I go...shaving the whole damn thing off all the while thinking to myself, "Boy, you really did it this time. Hit yourself with the dumb stick...Mel, this is one of the stupidest things you've done in a while...and you don't even have alcohol to blame for it! Do you have any idea how much this is going to suck when it grows out?"

Surprisingly enough, I went back to the basics a former Brazilian waxer told me (Brazilian in both senses, by the way...she was Brazilian and she gives you Brazilians). She said, "All you have to remember is to exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate, and you will get no bumps!" And that's what I did, and I got no bumps, no ingrown hairs, and it didn't even itch that bad. But, I'll tell ya this...I'll never do it again and it's back to waxing regularly for me so I don't get stuck in that situation again. Ever. Never ever. Sure is a fun story to tell though...gotta keep you all entertained somehow.

No comments: